Friday, 21 March 2014

Crochet Poppy



Last November I helped raise money for the Poppy appeal, by crocheting myself and a few family members a Poppy, to wear with pride for Remembrance Sunday.
After Posting this picture on my Facebook page, I got so many people asking for a poppy for themselves and then to my surprise word spread!. I was so surprised by the overwhelming response to the poppy, I wish I had done the Poppy earlier. I was so happy to help raise money for the Royal British Legion.


This Year I'm going to crochet the Poppy again. To mark the 100th Anniversary, this Poppy will be different to last years.

'The 4th of August 2014 marks the 100th anniversary of the day Britain entered one of the costliest conflicts in history – the First World War – which ended on the 11th of November 1918, Armistice Day.'

My Sister found for me, red glitter yarn.


This year I will being doing them a lot earlier. So don't miss them :)

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page and eBay for these poppies.

Till next time
Donna x


A PERCENTAGE FROM EACH POPPY WILL BE DONATED TO THE POPPY APPEAL.

1 comment:

  1. Loving it. Will look forward to sparkling poppys :-)

    ReplyDelete