Saturday, 7 June 2014

You wait ages for one ;) Handmade By Donna

So far this year I seem to be only making 30th Birthday cards, I'm not complaining, its been fun. But it is nice now I've finished them to move on to different cards :). At the moment I can't share all the cards I have done, but this one I can.

When I do cards for people, I like to find out what that person's favourite things are. So I can try and make the card more personal to them.
With this card, this person loves anything to do with transport, and his favourite film is The Italian Job (I'm guessing those who know me, have sussed who this card is for ;)).
I didn't want to do the obvious Red, White and Blue MINIs, But I decided to stay with that colour theme and use Buses instead.
The card looks very patriotic, I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

To make this card, I used this really cool rubber stamp set from Docrafts, called Portobello Road


 
I really like these stamps, I've used another stamp from this collection, for a Birthday card I can't share yet.
 
 I coloured in the buses using Red, Silver and Blue Metallic Gel Pens.


Because I went with the red, white and blue theme, the only backing paper I could think of using was the Union Jack. Which I got from a Docrafts Forever Friends Best of British CD-ROM. (I don't think they sell it anymore, so I can't give you the link for it (Sorry).).

 
And inside of the card, I coloured in a Happy Birthday Stamped image with red, grey and blue.

I really hope he likes it.

Donna x

Follow me on Facebook Handmade By Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment