Friday, 1 August 2014

Fruit Smoothies

 
At the moment I seem to have a bit of an obsession with Smoothies!
Which means I'm finally getting some use out of my Magic Bullet :).

 
Everyday for the past couple of weeks, I've been making a fresh smoothie for my snack in between breakfast and lunch. Also since my diet has changed, I've been trying to make sure I'm getting enough calories. Drinking your calories is a lot easier for me, I kind of get a bit bored with eating. And before anyone mentions Sugar! It is Natural sugar you get in fruit, Its not "fake"/added sugar you find in most foods and drinks.

Its been a lot of fun trying to "invent" different smoothies. I know, I'm weird, but I've enjoyed it ;) .

Here are a few of my favourites:

Fruit Salad Smoothie:

This is from a fruit salad that me and my other half normally make on the weekend and leave in the fridge, for a quick and easy snack during the week :). Its normally a big fruit salad and lasts for about 3-4 days.

In this fruit salad was:

Handful of Strawberries
2x plums
1x Nectarine
1x Apple
2x Satsuma's
Lots of Grapes
and Pure Orange Juice

For my smoothie I took a few spoonful's of the mixed fruit and filled the rest of the cup with some pure Orange Juice.


Berry Smoothie:

5x Strawberries
Handful of Blueberries
Handful of Grapes
and Pure Orange Juice

I've been making this smoothie a lot!

 
Smoothie 3:

This smoothie I got from Carly Rowena on one of her YouTube videos Link!! make sure you check her out :)

I changed the recipe a little bit, But Carly's recipe is in the Link if you want to try that one :).

I used 4x Strawberries
Chopped some cucumber
and filled the cup with Coconut Milk

 
I found this one at first a bit 'different' I was surprised I could taste the cucumber. I thought it would have just turned to water (not sure I'm making any sense, lol) but it is very refreshing. 

Banana Berry Smoothies:

I love Bananas :)
These Smoothies are my favourite!!.

1x Banana
Handful of Blueberries or Strawberries
Coconut Milk

or

1x Banana
Handful of Blueberries
4x Strawberries
Coconut Milk
 

This smoothie was a lot thicker then the others, and adding Strawberries to it was delicious.

With all of the smoothies you can + or - the amount of fruit. Most days I just added what I had left in the fridge or had what would fit in the cup.

These smoothies make a great refreshing drink/snack and help you get your 5 a day. 

Now I have gotten in to a routine with these, I'm going to have a go at making Green Smoothies! I don't really like raw veggies so I'm going to have to find a good recipe - Should be fun ;) I will let you know how it goes.

Do you make your own smoothies? What is your favourite. Let me know in the comments :).  

Donna x
 
Follow me Instagram , Twitter , BlogLovin  

2 comments:

  1. I love smoothies right now too! Definitely need to try adding cucumbers to my smoothies, thanks for the idea! :)


    http://itoyoutoshe.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, but I did get the idea from Carly :) If you love cucumbers its great to add them, I think I added to much because it was all I could taste. :)

      Delete