Friday, 19 September 2014

Baby Blanket

 
For those of you who don't follow me and Twitter and/or Facebook ~ I'm an Auntie :)

As soon as my sister told me she was expecting. I wanted to make a keepsake for her and the baby.  I decided to crochet her/him a baby blanket. Obviously I had to wait a while to find out what colours :). As you can see by the colours she is had a boy.

After doing some research I decided to make a granny square blanket in these 3 colours.  


I was unsure how big to make the blanket, So I just kept going till I ran out of yarn.

 
 
The only thing I don't enjoy with all my crochet projects, is sewing all the ends in! and there were quite a few to tidy up on this project :).
 
 
 
Finished
 
I ended up with 36 rounds and I finished off the square with a double crochet stitch border in the white yarn.
 
He looks gorgeous in it, Don't you agree :)
 
 
 
For more Crochet items, please have a look at my Facebook page Handmade By Donna If you like what you see please Like my page :)
 
Till next time
 
Donna x
 
Follow me: Instagram ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment