Friday, 10 October 2014

#DontPanicButton - World Mental Health Day


Some of you may be unaware that today is World Mental Health Day, and you might be thinking why is this woman wearing a red button? Well, the mental health charity 'Mind' have come up with this (I think) great campaign called 'Don't Panic Button', and they have chosen Zoella to be their Ambassador.

This campaign is to raise awareness of anxiety and panic attacks in young people. Even though it's to raise awareness in young people, I think it should be for everyone of all ages, because anxiety and panic attacks can happen to anyone and at any age.

Zoe, and the campaign are encouraging people to wear a red button to show their support.
(Please see this news article  for more info)

Zoes latest video mentioning #DontPanicButton



This is why I'm wearing a red button, I'm showing my support and saying you are not alone.

This campaign means a lot to me. As some of you may know, I suffer with Social Anxiety , and have been suffering really badly with it the past 9 years. Those who suffer, know that sometimes it is a one big son of a bitch living with it (and that is putting it nicely!!). But, weirdly, it is nice to know we aren't alone in this.



There is help out there, if you feel like you can't talk to your family or friends please check out Mind charity website and also check out Time to Change

I will also share Zoes YouTube video about Anxiety and Panic Attacks
I agree with everything and can relate to what Zoe says in this video.


Stay positive people! I know that can be easier said than done. But remember you are not alone and you/we can get through this :)

Donna x

No comments:

Post a Comment