Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Lets Get Flexy ~ Yoga Challenge


October was all about flexibility, as you may know from previous posts/challenges my flexibility is not very good, It is something I really need to work on.

Here are my attempts at this months challenge: (For more details please see my Instagram page for each day) 



You may have noticed 4 days are missing (days 26,28,29 and 30), they are poses with a handstand. I didn't attempt them because I'm still not confident with doing handstands and headstands.

This months challenge, I've noticed little differences in my body, just by doing these poses. Its only little improvements, like, going a (little) bit further in a pose or noticing my muscles don't feel has tight. My hamstrings are still a big problem for me. But I know in time they will improve :)

And the best thing about this challenge, I have not one but two! Yoga Progress Pictures!!!!


I know the pose is not perfect but I can remember when I first attempted this pose, and I struggled to get one hand on to my heal and the pain! in my quads!!. I was in shock when I could touch my heals with both hands, I could still feel the stretch in my quads, but wow, I never thought I would get my first progress picture with this pose! :) Yay for me!


The second pic, again I know the pose isn't perfect but my finger tips are touching, so it counts ;) I couldn't twist my body on the first attempt so I had to do an option of the pose, and now I can :).

Progress Not Perfection :)

All I can say is that it feels awesome! It really is an awesome feeling witnessing what your body can do! 

 
Who wants to join me with this months challenge? You can join in whenever you want, just follow @beachyogagirl and @kinoyoga and the sponsors @shaktiactivewear on Instagram they post how to do each pose for the day (for all levels) and obviously you don't need to post pictures if you don't want to. Just practice each day and watch your progress :).

This month I'm going to challenge myself and give this challenge a go as well

 with this challenge I will be doing the single poses so every other day I will practice the pose.

Let me know in the comments below if you are joining in or do any other yoga challenge.

Till next time

Donna x

Follow me Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment