Thursday, 1 January 2015

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015


2014, What can I say? We've had our ups and downs but the main thing is I've learnt a lot!

The main thing I've learnt is my body Really doesn't like being told what to do! This year I can say my body is completely medication free! Apart from the odd headache tablet, there is no meds in this system :) That's the great news, the bad news is its taking a long time for my body to sort itself out! It still is. But, really that is also a good thing (I'm Staying positive! you might notice a pattern here ;) ). I have learnt this year that our bodies really are weird and wonderful. I've learnt to listen to my body, it tells you what's wrong and what it needs. I'm still to this day am shocked that a little pill that is supposed to help you can do so much and actually mess up your body. Certain meds really are not suited for everyone. I'm not going to go into too much details, I don't want to put people off of medication. Everyone is different. Do what you feel is right for you.

There really has been a lot of 'silver linings' with going through this withdrawal. One of them is, confidence.  

With my body still sorting its self out, I think it messed up my fitness journey (a little bit) I struggled only a few months through out the year, but I got back on track. I'm really proud of myself with the mental side. I'm no longer focused on what the scale says and I try (sometimes trying my hardest!) to stay positive, look for the good in things. In every situation you will find the good, you might not find it straight away, but, its there.  
One of my main goals for 2014, was be Confident! not be more, but be :). For too long I've worried/cared what other people think and now, I really don't care. Okay, I've had a fair few tests on that the past year and yes I failed (some miserably) but the part I noticed the most is I got over them pretty quickly :). (Mental Health Post).
Also starting this blog, I'm so glad I started. I just write what ever I want and I don't even know if people are reading it. Writing the Mental Health post was the one post that took a lot of confidence to write and really, I only wrote a little bit.

I hope I have inspired or have helped someone start living a healthy/healthier lifestyle :).



So here we are 2015, Hello :). I'm looking forward to seeing what you will bring and what you might throw at me.

I'm ready

Donna x

Follow me: Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Wishing you lots of happiness for the upcoming year <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennie x Wishing you all the best :) x

      Delete