Thursday, 19 February 2015

Care for your Hair ~ Invisibobble

I'm probably the last person that can give Hair advice. I have thick, (most people would call it) Frizzy, Hair. The kind of hair that once a bit of moisture and/or wind touches it (after I've spent ages Straightening! might I add ) kinda turns into a bouffant, but a frizzy one. lol.

But. I did say Have, its more like Had, I mentioned in previous posts (I will leave links to a few old posts at the end :) ) the past 4 years my body has been through a lot and My hair seems to have taken the brunt of it. It pretty much fell out. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

Your body always tells you when something is wrong or when its trying to heal itself, it normally tells you by how well your Nails, Skin and Hair looks.

Luckily my body is showing signs that it is nearly healed, because my nails are growing strong and My hair is growing back (yay!). I have never been so happy to have frizzy hair :).

I've been doing so much research on what I can do to look after my hair and to help it grow. I've tried everything (feels like):
  • Nails, Hair and Skin Vitamins (waste of money! IMO)
  • Natural Shampoo and Conditioners (not a fan, they left my hair feeling greasy)
  • So many Shampoo and Conditioners for 'Hair repair' (didn't notice any difference)
  • Instead of using a towel to dry your hair, Using a T-shirt (Yep, again noticed no difference from using a towel)
  • Leaving your Hair to dry Naturally (Not good for my 'frizzy' Hair!!)
  • Not brushing your hair a lot (easy for me I don't leave the house a lot)
  • Longer time between washing your hair. (again good because I don't leave the house a lot. But, feels horrible!)
  • Healthy diet
  • Drink lots of WATER
  • Leave in Conditioners
  • Coconut oil
What I've learnt out of all of these, I'm just going to stick with
  • Healthy diet
  • Drink lots of Water
  • Once a month use Coconut oil
and obviously
  • Shampoo and Conditioner
because

It really does :)


But, I was still looking for ways of stopping my hair from falling out. because I like to tie my hair back (which isn't good for your hair).

I've seen on a few blogs and on Social Media Invisibobble. I've read so many good things, I've finally purchased myself a box (on eBay, they also sell them in Boots)


They come in so many different colours, I picked Foggy night grey (Silver) (I also surprised myself by not getting a Purple set ;) but I will be!)


These hair bands are Perfect, they feel so light in my hair, yet strong enough to keep your hair tied back/up. Obviously not sure what they are like on long, thick hair (yet) but, what I've read on other blogs they are. I don't feel the band pulling my hair, which makes me feel great. I wish I had purchased a set when I first heard about them. I've been using scrunchies (very 80's early 90's ;) well I was born in the 80's ;)) and staying clear from elastic hair ties in my hair.

They also make cute Bracelets :)


I will definitely be purchasing more.

And one positive thing out of all of this ~ For once in my life I don't care about my 'frizzy' hair. You really don't know what you've got till its gone. 


Do you have any Hair care tips? Please leave a comment I would love to know :)

Donna x

Previous Blog Posts :

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015
My Fitness Journey - The mental side
#DontPanicButton - World Mental Health Day
My Diet: Living Gluten/Wheat Free


No comments:

Post a Comment