Friday, 15 May 2015

Tomatoes ~ Food Diary (plus review)


One of my favourite foods (mainly to snack on) are Tomatoes. This juicy fruit has quite a few subspecies, I always go for the plum, cherry and Salad Tomato.

Having a pack of Plum and or Cherry tomatoes in the fridge is an easy way to grab a healthy snack.

Swap your unhealthy snack for a handful of plum/cherry tomatoes. They are low in calories and high in nutrients, which means health benefits!

I like to add a tomato to my meal instead of using ketchup.


I recently got to try for Free on the Tesco Orchard programme their Finest Piccolo Cherry Tomatoes.


They had a few items to choose from, I went with the tomatoes. And I'm very pleased I did. I was honestly expecting them to taste exactly like the other Cherry Tomatoes, nope, they taste so much better. They do what they say on the packet. I eat a lot of tomatoes and I was shocked at how strong they tasted and smelt. They are very tasty. I went through the pack really quick.

I really enjoyed them in my QLT (Quorn Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Wrap)




The only downside is for those of us on a budget, they are not good. They are more expensive compared to the others and you also get more in the pack with the cheaper ones.

With the BBQ months coming and having even more Salads esp. for dinner these Piccolo Cherry tomatoes will make a nice treat.

Have you tried these tomatoes? Do like to snack on tomatoes? What is your favourite healthy snack? let me know in the comments below :)

Till next time

Donna x

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT A PERSONAL TRAINER OR A NUTRITIONIST.
Find me: Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment