Thursday, 30 July 2015

Crochet Heart Throw ~ Handmade By Donna


I can FINALLY show the latest project I've been working on. This throw has taken me a long time to make. I've had this pattern/design in my head for ages. I didn't tell any one about it because I was unsure it would look right.
In January I realised I had the colours I needed so I designed the pattern and got started on the 64 squares :)




Once the squares were done, I laid out the pattern (making sure I had every square). I was so happy!! I was worried about the Heart not showing.
 

 
I tided up the edges and started joining the squares together.
 
I'm so happy with how it looks.

 





The reverse side






Now on to my next project :)
 
Donna x
 
 
Find me: Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I really like your afghan! Creative yet simple. I especially like how you used the darker navy to join the squares. It gives it sort of a scrappy, old-fashioned look (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you ~ I'm really happy with it. This throw now belongs to my niece :)

      Delete