Monday, 24 August 2015

A Year of Yoga Challenges August 2014 -2015



I've probably mentioned this before in previous posts, but, finding these challenges has been the best thing I have done. They have kept me motivated and determined to improve myself, mentally and physically.

I've found the workout that's for me.

I really can't believe I've been doing these challenges for a year!! I know some months I didn't complete them all, But, I still made sure I practiced some Yoga.

A few things I've noticed is: 

My Balance has improved so much, I still surprise myself .

My Flexibility is improving, it maybe going at a snails pace but its getting there. Rome wasn't built in a day :)

I've noticed the poses I don't practice a lot, I'm progressing more than the ones I do practice a lot !?!? I know weird ;) 

and I still can not pronounce most of the Yoga poses!! (probably never will ;) ).



My main goal, when I started these challenges was to be able to do a Headstand again. That finally happened in January :).  Now I'm working on a Handstand :/



Trying to take pictures for the challenges can be a challenge in its self!!
I definitely need someone to take the pictures for me. And even though I do the pose that day, doing it again later in the day for a picture doesn't always go to plan. So 'catch ups' happen a lot.

When I have to 'catch up' with pictures for the Challenges I spend most of the workout like this


I call it 'What's the next pose' pose ;)

I end up with a memory card full of yoga poses at the end of each month and most of the pictures (depending on the challenge) are of me falling over :).

I've put together a collection of the pictures that didn't quite make the cut ;)


I'm really looking forward to seeing how much I progress in the next 12 months :)

Thank you for following me on my Yoga Journey, I hope I've inspired you to try Yoga. I still have a long way to go, but, that's the fun with these challenges its great noticing the progress  #ProgressNotPerfection :)



Till next time

Donna x

You can design your own This Girl Can ad check out their App. THIS GIRL CAN

No comments:

Post a Comment