Wednesday, 5 August 2015

July Fitness Diary ~ Yoga challenge and Cardio Update

Sorry, I'm slacking a bit with blog posts. I was going to do separate posts for Cardio, but changed my mind, Because Cardio is Back into my routine and I don't see it leaving anytime soon. :)

This months Yoga Challenge #BacktoBackBends
I had to do a big catch up this month for the pictures :/ Here are my attempts:







I really enjoyed this months poses, I missed out day 23 and 24 because I can't do them yet. (its still a confidence issue with the handstands :( ). And I've learnt my back isn't very bendy ;). Just need to keep practicing.

The best thing in this months challenge, I managed to do the Crane Pose again :) Yay for me :)


Yes that is a sofa cushion underneath me, lol :). Need to build up the confidence. Its been months since I've been able to do this again. (I fell, back in January and injured myself while doing this pose :/ (blog post)).

I had to do a catch up, one big catch up! because I was dog sitting again :)

I had my Yoga and Gym Buddies back ;)



Nearly all my workouts were done outside and they involved lots of cardio. I think out of all my workouts, cutting the grass was the best workout I did! (The garden is on a hill!) I ached all over :) #NoPainNoGain


Cardio Update, I'm now 3 months back.

The first month was mainly just easing myself back.

Now I've increased it.

Jillian Michaels DVDs came back out, I don't know HOW/WHY I forget how tough these workouts are...lol The first workout I only made it half way through (shakes head )

Everyday I do 1 hour on the bike. A few days the 1 hour can feel like 2 hours!! I can't cope when its too hot.

I'm also doing a lot more walking.

In my previous post CARDIO!! I said I now LOVE cardio...This is where I realised Cardio is here to stay.
While I was Dog sitting I suffered a Hamstring injury :(. I still worked out, but I obv. rested my Hamstrings. Those days I didn't do any cardio and I missed it!!! I really missed it..What's happening to me?!?!? ;)

I'm starting to notice I can't keep still for too long. I need to move :).

This month I'm going to try out  FitnessRum.com HIIT workouts, Denina from Purely Me introduced them to me. I think I might start with her 20 min workouts first ;) they look really tough :) Wish me luck.

How is your Fitness Journey going?

Donna x

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful blog, huge well done for taking on the challenge and completing all of those poses!

    www.carlyrowena.com xx

    ReplyDelete