Friday, 6 November 2015

October Fitness Diary ~ Yoga Progress

 
This month, I didn't do any catch ups! I think that's a first since I've started doing these challenges. I have finally figured out how to work the timer on my camera (Yay for me! :) ). But!, Trying to find the right angle for each pose, along with trying not get the contents of my home included in the pictures (because nobody wants to see that) has been 'fun'. And then finding out my camera wasn't in focus!!!...oh the joys! ;) Some days I would spend a good 15mins doing a pose. Which I suppose... is a good thing :).


Here are my attempts at each pose:



 

 

Because of the timer, there were a few poses I couldn't do in the 10 secs. So I've done a video for them.


October was a month of progress. The best one was at the beginning of the month. I finally attempted a Headstand! (Day 8) I've been able to do a Tripod Headstand for a while, and whenever the Headstands have appeared on these challenges, I always ended up doing a variation of the Tripod. After finally having the confidence to attempt it, and after A LOT of attempts. I managed to do it. I can't believe I did it :) I'm on my way to a forearm stand :)


If you have been following me for a while, you will know I suffer with very tight Hamstrings. I try and give them a really good stretch everyday. This month I've noticed some little progress in most of the poses. Here are some of my favourite ones :). #ProgressNotPerfection
 
Marichasana A (Day 9)
 
Janu Sirsasana (Day 10)

Day 12 Padangustasana (I'm getting closer with my Forward Fold)
 
Day 23 Reverse Warrior :) I'm still surprised at how far I can bend

Day 24 Parsvottanasana / Pyramid Pose :) I'm getting closer

 
Its an awesome feeling seeing the Progress :). 
 
I'm looking forward to seeing what progress I make in Novembers challenge
 
 
 A lot of Headstand practice :)
 
How's your Fitness Journey going? Do you do any Yoga Challenges?
 
Till next time
 
Donna x
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment