Monday, 4 January 2016

December, The month of Yoga Challenges.


I said in last months Fitness Diary (November Post) I will be doing 3 Yoga challenges...Well, I ended up doing


SIX!!! which means overall I've done over 70 Yoga poses! (some days I added another variation to a pose, they are not included in the first picture :)) I'm not going to share all of these pictures individually, like I normally do every month. If you would like to see them all, please check out my Instagram page @donnaukx . Sharing them all on here, is too much. 

A few days, in a few of the challenges, I didn't attempt the pose. Because I was feeling unwell, and I didn't feel it was a good idea to be upside down. And with The Littlest Ballerina challenge I only did the Yoga Poses not the Ballet moves. But doing over 70 poses, I think missing a few is okay :).

I decided I wanted to do more than one challenge, because I wanted to keep myself busy. I don't like not being busy this time of year. Its not good for my mental health :/ But, also I really want to improve my yoga practice. I really enjoy doing these Challenges.

I had Progress with the Eight Angle Pose. I'm still shocked I can do this. I just need to work on the part where I need to bend my arms. I think I lose concentration more than anything else. I swear my brain goes "OMGEEEE Your doing it!" completely taking my focus away...then I just drop :). Need to work on that, I think :).



Doing all these extra challenges was great. Quite a few poses got repeated. So I got a lot of practice in. And I got to try out a few poses I haven't come across before. Like the Chinstand...Not one of my faves at the moment. I'm really not getting it. Not even sure how to do it, but I'm guessing in time I will.

Also a Toestand. This is really difficult!! After 20mins of trying to find my balance. I managed to do it. But, I could only hold for a few seconds :). The next day, my legs felt like I had done a full leg day workout! So I will definitely be adding a Toestand pose into my weekly practice.





Will I be doing more than one Challenge in the future? Yes. If it helps improve my Yoga Practice, Yes I will. 

So far I'm planning on joining in with 4 in January :). 
One of the first challenges I'm going to join in with is:


I've never done a challenge like this before. So we will all see how it goes :) .

If you would like to follow my Yoga Journey, I will be posting all my pictures on my Instagram @donnaukx . I managed to post everyday again this month :). Lets see how long that lasts this year, esp. if I'm going to be participating in more than one challenge. I'm going to need to stay on top of posting daily :). 


How's your Fitness Journey going? Do you join in with any Fitness/Yoga Challenges?

Donna x

No comments:

Post a Comment