Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Fitness Journey Update (2015/16) Progress

Its that time again, to put on my outfit I use to see how much I've progressed :)



The weight difference is 18.6 kg or 2.9 stone :) I still remember when I finally squeezed back into this outfit and remember how happy I felt. But, I can't remember being that big anymore.. and I NEVER want to :).


In 2015 I joined My Fitness Pal. And, It was one of the best things I've done on my Fitness Journey.
I use it all the time to keep track of what I'm eating. Because I don't eat enough! In the 'FitFam' you see people constantly saying they are Hungry, and they eat all the time and say 'How can you forget to eat?!' . Well... Yep I'm one of those people that doesn't eat a lot and forgets to eat. Apart from when I do Cardio I get really hungry, but I still don't reach my calorie in take.
This put a huge Full stop on my FatLoss!!! The middle of last year I plateaued again. My weight just wasn't moving. So I started to do MFP seriously and planned out my meals and made sure I'm eating enough. There are still some days MFP tells me off,




but I'm only just under. Plus I mainly only take notice of the carbs and fat. And, since I started tracking my meals correctly I've lost 11 lbs :).



Another great thing about joining MFP. I've been cooking more meals from scratch. Free from foods are not only really expensive (compared to non free from) BUT like most, if not all processed foods they are Full of Salt and Sugar!!! I really dislike adding processed foods on MFP, because I always go over on my Sodium and Sugar intake !!! They're not the groups I want to reach or go over my limit on.
I'm really enjoying making my own meals they are so much more tasty and soooo much more cheaper :).

My 2015 highlight was finally attempting a Headstand and achieving it! My Headstand Post if you want a nosey :) I also included a little video of my headstand practice in that post....It's more of a blooper / yoga fail video :) lol.

I'm still aiming for a Handstand, but I think I should work on my forearm stands first.  

So don't be surprised if you see me upside down A LOT this year :)

My Fitness Goals for this Year:

  • Keep up with my Yoga practice ~ I'm looking forward to seeing how much more I progress
  • Work on my upper body strength ~ It is seriously SHOCKING!

Since I've started this journey I've learnt so much and I'm so grateful for it.

Thank you for following me on my Fitness Journey, I'm really looking forward to seeing what 2016 brings. I hope I've inspired you to start your Journey.

Wearing USA Pro

Remember its all about the Journey and Not all progress is physical :) #ProgressNotPerfection


How's your Fitness Journey going? What are your goals for this year?

Till next time

Donna x

Like this post? You might like to read: Fitness Journey Update (2014/5 Progress Pic)  and/or  Health and Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment