Monday, 6 June 2016

What a difference a year makes ~ May I Begin Yoga ~ Fitness Diary


I was really excited about this months yoga challenge #MayIBeginYoga2016 because its last years challenge.

I know I can compare my yoga poses anytime I want, because I have been doing these challenges for a while now (2 years in August!). But being a years difference its a great way to see the progress.

I was a bit apprehensive that there wasn't going to be much notable progress.
I didn't need to be. 

Not only did I notice improvements in the poses, I also noticed my weight! There is 11lbs weight difference! in each picture.
I'm really happy with the progress I'm making. Even though some are only really small progress. I had to remind myself, I don't practice every single one of these poses daily, some weekly or even monthly. My strength, flexibility, form and balance are improving so much.  I am going in the right direction :).

I don't have a compare picture for Day 7 Easy Pose and Day 31 Relaxation, because there is nothing to compare. And Day 14 Crow/Crane Pose, because I didn't post a picture last year and this year.


Day 1 Downward Facing Dog

Day 2 Plank

Day 3 Chaturanga Dandasana

Day 4 Upward Facing Dog

Day 5 Warrior 1

Day 6 Warrior 2


Day 8 Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana 

Day 9  Tree Pose

Day 10 Triangle Pose



Day 11 Chair Pose
Day 12 Prasarita Padottanasana C

Day 13 Boat Pose

Day 15 Padangusthasana


Day 16 Baddha Konasana A

Day 17 Parsvakonasana \ Extended Side Angle

Day 18 Janu Sirsasana A

Day 19 Bow Pose

Day 20 Marichasana A

Day 21 Side Plank

Day 22 Warrior 3


Day 23 Lord of Half Fishes Pose

Day 24 Camel Pose

Day 25 Low Lunge

Day 26 Reverse Plank

Day 27 Seated Forward Fold

Day 28 Tripod Headstand

Day 29 Dolphin Pose


Day 30 Pasvottanasana



I also took part in two other challenges #YogaQuickies and #Yoga4Growth

Here are my attempts at each pose.



My favourite progress as got to be the Camel Pose


I still remember my first attempt at this pose, back in August 2014. It was the first month of doing these yoga challenges . I remember my Quads! O M Geee the stretch in my quads was so bad and I could JUST reach back and grab one foot and that was a "quick take a picture" moment because I couldn't hold the pose. I also remember thinking how on earth am I going to be able to do this pose.

Now in 2016 I've noticed how flexible my back is getting. I still feel a little stretch in my quads, but its a comfortable stretch.

I'm so happy they repeated this Yoga Challenge.
I've said in a few other posts, taking pictures throughout your fitness journey is one of the best ways to track your progress, whether its form or Fatloss. Its one of the best decisions I made. I really didn't think I made as much progress as I have until I compared the pictures. It really is great motivation. 

Progress is Progress ~ Rome wasn't built in a day :)

How's your fitness journey going? Do you join in with yoga challenges?

Till next time

Donna x

Like this post? You might like to read: Aprils Fitness Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment