Monday, 6 February 2017

Leek and Potato Soup ~ Vegan & Gluten Free

 
My parents had a good crop of Leeks last year. With them my mum made me this very tasting Leek and Potato soup. I had quite a lot of servings. I wish we made more and froze them for the whole of winter.

This recipe is very easy, you only need a few ingredients. It is Vegan and Gluten Free.

If you like a big bowl of soup. This batch serves 2 ~ I had 3 servings with this batch.

Depending on the size of the leeks

We used
  • 6 leeks
  • 3 medium potatoes
  • 1 Onion
  • 1 Veggie Stock


Wash and Chop everything and put in a pan with the Stock and water (measurement for stock cube).



Bring to boil and simmer for 20mins or until potatoes are cooked.

Blend (I use a Braun Hand Blender)


And serve ~ Best served with homemade bread :)


This year we will definitely be making batches for the freezer to last through the winter :)

Note: To add more protein to my soups. Once all cooked, I sometimes mix in a cup of rice  :)

I hope you enjoy this soup as much as I do.

What's your favourite soup?

Till next time

Donna x

Like this post? You might like to read: My Gluten Free Veggie Soup 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment