Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Jars, Jars and more Jars PART 2 ~ #Reuse #Upcycle #DIY



I've had so many lovely comments about my upcycled jars. I thought I would put them together into one post. My original post HERE I mention what I use my jars for. One of my favourite ways is for a plant pot.

I love that I can put any design I want (so far any, I haven't found one I can't do yet :) ). I really enjoy decorating them.

I use Sharpies, Glass paint and nail polish to decorate them. Yep you read that right, Nail polish, its a great way of using them up. I can't be the only one that has a draw full of polishes? I have so many that I will never wear again, but they are great to decorate a jar with.   

 I recommend once you have painted them. Don't clean with any liquid. Just dust/wipe them with a dry cloth. I have noticed on some the paint comes off.

Also if you decide to use the jars as lights. I don't recommend using nail polish for decorating them.

And make sure you are in a well ventilated room. From experience I have felt a bit heady after spending some time decorating these esp. with the nail polish.


Daffodils
Lily, Daffodil and Rose

Yin and Yang

 

Roses

Dogs

Paws
 
Rose


Stars and Hearts (I've done more in different colours)

Tulip without light

Tulip with light on

Unicorn

Witchcraft, Pagan, Wolf and Unicorn 

Witch Light



Hope you enjoyed this post and got some ideas to decorate your own jars. I will add this post to a tab on my homepage and add new pictures of my jars when I do them.

Have you made your own Vases/Plant pots? Have you ever upcycled a glass jar? Let me know in the comments below. I would love to know :)

Till next time

Donna x

Like this post? You might like to read: Trash

No comments:

Post a Comment